Being the Vice Chairperson of Bansberia Municipality in West Bengal gives me immense amount of pride and responsibility of accomplishing the duties entrusted upon me. I feel myself responsible to look after the needs of the people of the different sections of society living in this Bansberia,Tribeni and surrounding areas. I love to see the development brought about by the joint efforts of the Chairman, all the Councillors and the local people of this Municipality.
Vision & Mission
The citizens of Bansberia municipality heartily desire to see their city as an attractive tourist spot highlighting its historical background, providing employment and engagement of many unemployed youths. We want our municipality to be an economically self sufficient, environmentally clean and green urban area having metal concrete road with sufficient streetlights where our citizens will have healthy surroundings, sufficient quantity of wholesome water, good drainage and sanitary system and also sufficient health care facilities, education as well as the cultural / sports facilities.
The vision of Bansberia municipality is to bring about and sustain on all out development of its existing areas and also likely to be adjoined in relation to the socio- economic and cultural upliftment of its citizens and enhancement of facilities and amenities of life. The vision envisages development particularly in the following areas: –
- Establishment of a water treatment Plant and supply of treated water to whole municipal area.
- Implementation of sewerage, area, drainage and their proper treatment .
- Improvement of the transport system, roads and bridges within the town including traffic management.
- Implementation of Solid waste Management system.
- Maintenance and enhancement of its rich and historic cultural heritage.
- Development and encouragement of cultural activities, sports and entertainment.
- Building up and improvement of health care and sanitation facilities.
- Support to local and business industries and development of marketing.
- Improvement of the infrastructure of slums and social welfare homes.
- Poverty alleviation and livelihood development.
- Management of municipal land and properties.
- Improvement of organization and management structure within the municipal office.
- Schemes for generating income by the municipality itself.